I found the Addiction Book Tag over on Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books blog and decided that I wanted to do it as well! You can check out my answers and you should go check out Marie’s blog too. So… here we go!
Addiction Book Tag
1) What is the longest amount of time you can comfortably go without picking up a book?
Probably two days, but I’d have to be doing other activities. Otherwise I feel guilty not reading all my unread books (and just as a bookworm in general).
2) How many books do you carry on your person (or kindle) at any one time?
I’ll usually keep one book in my bag when I’m out places. My Nook has all my downloads, which is only like 55 books or so. (I say ‘only’ because that’s nothing compared to my shelves)
3) Do you keep every book you buy/receive or are you happy to pass them on to make space for more?
I don’t keep every book I buy/receive. It depends on if I think I’ll read the book again or not. If I think there is someone else who will love it, then I will pass it along to them, or if the library doesn’t have that book, I’ll donate it.
4) How long would you spend in a bookshop on a standard visit?
On average I spend about 2-3 hours in a bookstore. It depends on the store, selection, and how much time I have to just browse around.
5) How much time per day do you actually spend reading?
I’d say at least 30 minutes to an hour per day. I tend to read on the treadmill, which is usually a 30-40 minute thing, and I like to read before bed.
6) Where does the task ‘picking up a book’ appear on your daily to-do list?
Whenever I have time, really.
7) How many books do you reckon you own in total (including e-books)?
Like 250, I believe.
8) Approximately how often do you bring up books in conversation?
Everyday at work (I work in a library). And then I’ll often talk to at least one person on my days off about books… I can’t help it.
9) What is the biggest book (page count) you have finished reading?
Most likely Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (870 pages). i don’t think I’ve read anything larger than that.
10) Is there a book you had to get your hands on against all odds (i.e searching bookshops, online digging, etc.)?
I don’t think I’ve come across an issue like that.
11) A book you struggled to finish but refused to DNF?
Eleanor and Park. I just did not like that one (*ducks from incoming threats of other book bloggers*)
12) What are 3 of your main book goals for 2019?
- Read 50 books
- Read at least 15 of my unread books at home
- Get some momentum going on my book blog here
13) Have you ever had the privilege of converting someone into a reader (maybe via inspiration or incessant nagging)?
I don’t think so. But I love seeing my younger cousins get into reading… it makes me so proud.
14) Describe what books mean to you in five words.
Umlimited traveling from my couch 😀
And that is all for the tag! If you want to take part, I tag you, and I hope to see how others answer these questions!