Even short books can take days to read if you do not have the time to just sit and concentrate on reading the book. Sometimes it frustrates me when it takes me a week to read a 200-something page book because I know if I could just sit for two hours, I could read the entire thing in one sitting.
Sometimes books are short enough where you can still read them in one entire day, but in multiple sittings. After all, it’s probably not too good on the eyes to read for hours on end (that’s probably why I have glasses, ha). But there has been the occasion where I could read one book (or three) over the course of an entire day. It all depends on length and interest. So here are a few books that could be read in one day, if given the time.
Books To Binge in One Sitting/Day
- The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight – Jennifer E. Smith
- Flipped – Wendelin Van Draanen
- The Outsiders – S.E. Hinton
- Standing By – Tabitha G. Kelly
- I Work At a Public Library – Gina Sheridan
- Time Bomb – Joelle Charbonneau
- Click’d – Tamara Ireland Stone
- Harry Potter, books 1-3
- The Van Gogh Deception – Deron Hicks
- any of the Gallagher Girls novels by Ally Carter
…and just about any poetry book that is under 100 pages, depending on the content.
If you have the time and are really ambitious, you can even read the larger Harry Potter books in one day. I did as a kid (as I’m sure most of us did), but I didn’t really have much else to do like work or school (because it was summer vacation).
On that note, what’s your record for amount of books read in one day? Last year I read the last three Gallagher Girls books on one of my days off. Also, what are some books you’d add to this list?