There’s only about a month left of summer vacation for most students, and even in the work world, people are always taking vacations this time of year to get away for a week or so. Most of that ends after the first week of September and the seasons begin to change. This also means there’s only a month left for Summer Reading Challenges, for both kids and adults. So to kick off that last month of summer reading, I want to share ten light reads that are easy to get through so that everyone can finish off their challenges easily!
Most of these books are young-adult books, as that is what I tend to read most, but even if you do not usually read YA books, you might still want to give these a shot! There is one non-fiction, but it’s a funny little book that you will love if you work in a library (or have librarian friends!).
- Love & Gelato – Jenna Evans Welch
- Love & Luck – Jenna Evans Welch
- Standing By – Tabitha G. Kelly
- I Work at a Public Library – Gina Sheridan
- Flipped – Wendelin Van Draanen
- Love a la Mode – Stephanie Kate Strohm
- Royals – Rachel Hawkins
- P.S. I Like You – Kasie West
- By Your Side – Kasie West
- Hope Was Here – Joan Bauer
All of these were books that I could easily get through in a day, either because they are pretty short or just captured me and I couldn’t stop reading. I feel like a lot of people will agree. Even if you don’t finish in a day, you will just find that these are nice, light reads that you’ll (most likely) enjoy!