I’m finding it hard to wait until October to post this one because really, I love mysteries all-year round and I’m sure many of you do as well. I personally find it fun to try and solve something that is happening in a story and see whether or not I’m right at the end (or if my theories get debunked earlier on). Sometimes I’m right, sometimes I’m not. Although I love to find out I was right, I do appreciate unexpected twists that hit me out of nowhere.
Makes it more interesting, don’t you think?
Anyway, the reason I decided to share this post now instead of in two months is due to the fact that I had helped a patron the other day at work who was looking for some young-adult mystery books for her daughter. So, here are some of my top young-adult mystery recommendations.
- One of Us is Lying – Karen McManus
- Two Can Keep a Secret – Karen McManus
- The Third Twin – C.J. Omolulu
- Private – Kate Brian (the whole series, really)
- Last Christmas – Kate Brian (a Private prequel)
- I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I’d Have to Kill You – Ally Carter (again, the whole Gallagher Girls series)
- A Study in Charlotte – Brittany Cavallaro (also the entire series)
- The Silence of Six – E.C. Myers
- Aftermath – Kelley Armstrong
- Time Bomb – Joelle Charbonneau
I also just want to point out that I’ve been thinking about mystery novels again because I recently watched Pretty Little Liars: the Perfectionists on Hulu and well…. I’m obsessed. There better be a season two coming!
So yeah, those are some of my top young-adult mystery novels. Let me know if you’ve read any of these or leave your own suggestions in the comments!