August was a pretty decent month for reading. Overall, I read 8 books, of which 2 were rereads. Because of the release of Descendants 3 early on in the month, I quickly became a little obsessed with Descendants fanfiction, which kind of distracted me a bit from reading books and put me into a bit of a slump. As always, Harry Potter brought me out of it. That, and wanting to read fairy-tale retellings has gotten me back into the reading groove. So if you know of any good retellings, I’d love to check some more out!
As for buying books this month, I kinda let myself go a bit. I ended up buying 7 books, which I really hadn’t planned on buying any this month. Oh well, books happen… right?
Books I Read in August
- Columbine – 5 stars
- Escape From the Isle of the Lost – 2.5 stars
- How to Hack a Heartbreak – 3 stars
- His Hideous Heart –
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix – 5 stars
- I’d Rather Be Reading – 3.5 stars
- Mirror, Mirror –
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince – 5 stars
Books I Bought in August
- Ex Libris – Anne Fadiman
- The Book Charmer – Karen Hawkins
- Escape From the Isle of the Lost – Melissa de la Cruz
- Mirror, Mirror – Jen Calonita
- Fairest of Them All – Serena Valentino
- Tales of the Beedle and the Bard – J.K. Rowling
- Dreamland – Sarah Dessen
So, looking at it now, I realized that despite my detour of reading Descendants fanfiction for two weeks straight, I still managed to do pretty well on the book reading quota for the month. I mean, I usually average 5 books a month, and that’s without any distractions. So reading eight for the month of August is pretty good (especially since it’s the 8th month!). Maybe next month I can read nine?
I wouldn’t count on that though.
What did your August look like for reading/hauls?