March is usually one of my slower months of reading, but this year… I read a lot more. Granted, we’ve all been at home since about the middle of the month, which leaves a lot of extra time for reading. Oddly though, I feel like I got more reading done before I started working from home. However, I have a feeling April will be pretty busy with reading in my spare time, partially because of the Magical Readathon, but also because I have two books I’ll be carrying over into the month.
I also bought quite a lot of books this month. I’d give you all the grimace emoji, but part of it was in anticipation of being stuck inside and not being able to go to bookstores again for a while. Though the last three on that list are ones that I got on an ebook sale because… why not?
- One of Us is Next – 5 stars
- Rules of Attraction – 4.5 stars
- I’ll Be There For You: The One About Friends – 4.5 stars
- Chemistry Lessons – 3.5 stars
- The Big Four – 4.5 stars
- Love & Luck – 4 stars
- Daphne and Velma: The Vanishing Girl – 4 stars
Books I’m Still Reading
Gone With the Wind – Margaret Mitchell
Hercule Poirot: The Complete Short Stories
Books I DNF’d
Heist Society – Ally Carter
- Windfall – Jennifer E. Smith
- The Big Four – Agatha Christie
- A Question of Holmes – Brittany Cavallaro
- The Case for Jamie – Brittany Cavallaro
- The Last of August – Brittany Cavallaro
- Hercule Poirot: The Complete Short Stories – Agatha Christie
- The Complete Sherlock Holmes – Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Sad Cypress – Agatha Christie
- Daphne and Velma: The Vanishing Girl – Josephine Ruby
- 13 Little Blue Envelopes – Maureen Johnson
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe – C.S. Lewis
- Artemis Fowl – Eoin Colfer
I also have no regrets with how many books I purchased because for one thing, I used up the rest of my Christmas gift cards, and secondly the money I did spend I used to support an indie bookstore a few weeks before they had to close due to the pandemic. I already know the first thing I’m doing when this virus is no longer a problem… bookstores!
What did your March look like for reading/hauls?