I realize it’s nearly the end of April, but still… it’s National Poetry Month! I think my brain is still reeling from my last read as well as getting a bit stir-crazy from quarantine. But I’m still here to give you a few recommendations for books that you should check out if you are a poetry fan or are looking for some new ones to read!
Or, if you’re like me and don’t read poetry that much, these might get you into it.
10 Poetry Recommendations
- The Princess Saves Herself in This One – Amanda Lovelace
- I Am More Than A Daydream – Jennae Cecelia
- Neon Soul – Alexandra Elle
- You Are Here – Dawn Lanuza
- Sea of Strangers – Lang Leav
- 2am Thoughts – Mackenzie Campbell
- Light Filters In: Poems – Caroline Kaufman
- Semicolon; – McKayla DeBonis
- To Make Monsters Out of Girls – Amanda Lovelace
- Sincerely, – F.S. Yousaf
Those are my recommendations for poetry books. I will admit that I got some help from one of my best friends because she read a ton of poetry. She’s actually the one who got me into reading it once in a while and we both enjoy Amanda Lovelace’s work.
Have you read any of the books on this list? What are some of your poetry book suggestions?