Hey everyone! It’s finally May… or the 5th level of Jumanji as some people are calling it. I hope you’re all doing well! I actually had a hell of a month which included 2-3 weeks of intense pain and ended up with surgery the day before my birthday this past weekend.
April was a slow month for reading due to Gone With the Wind being such a large book, the pain I was in, Sims 4, and a Descendants kick I’ve been thrown into. I’ve been re-watching the movies and reading a crazy amount of fanfiction… it’s pretty bad. I should also blame the book hangover that I suffered after Gone With the Wind… that was a doozy of a hangover.
As for acquiring books, I didn’t do so well on that thing called “self-control.” Granted, a majority of the books were freebie e-books on Barnes & Noble and one was gifted to me from a fellow book blogger. And a few I probably could’ve waited on since my birthday was coming up, but I got impatient as usual and splurged a bit.
Books I Read in April
- Gone With the Wind – 5 stars
- Artemis Fowl – 3 stars
- Restart – 5 stars
Books I’m Still Reading
Hercule Poirot: The Complete Short Stories (because this book is huge)
Books I Acquired in April
- Conceal, Don’t Feel – Jen Calonita
- Dracula – Bram Stoker
- Off the Ice – Julie Cross
- Grimm’s Fairy Tales – Jacob & William Grimm
- Home for Christmas – various
- Spies, Lies, & Cupcakes – Jessica Sorensen
- Restart – Gordon Korman
- Winterhouse – Ben Guterson
- The Awakening of Ren Crown – Anne Zoelle
- Murder on the Links – Agatha Christie
- Return to the Isle of the Lost – Melissa de la Cruz (ebook)
And that’s my summary for April. I’m hoping to get more reading done in May (of books, not fanfiction) but I’m also looking forward to working on some new projects for work and possibly starting my new job from home.
What did your April look like for reading/hauls?