I feel like May has been the shortest month of the year so far… weird, right? If I’m the only one that feels that way, then it might be because May is my birthday month and it always goes by quickly to me. Or it could be because I started back at work and the days didn’t seem to drag like they were when I was working from home. Either way, it was a quick month and I’m glad that it started getting nice outside.
June has a lot to offer, the first thing being that I start my new job at a different library, which has be excited and nervous. It’s always nerve-wracking to start a new job though, so at least that’s a normal feeling. It’s definitely weird to start a new job in this wacky world right now, but at least I’ll have time to get to know my co-workers well before we open up to the public again (whenever that is).
Anyway, it’s time to take a look at my wrap up and haul for May. There were a lot of books acquired this month because of my birthday… which is totally fine by me.
Books I Read in May
- Emergency Contact – 3.5 stars
- The Isle of the Lost – 4 stars
- Return to the Isle of the Lost – 4 stars
- Rise of the Isle of the Lost – 3.5 stars
- The Cousins – 5 stars
- Chain Reaction – 4.5 stars
- A Study in Charlotte – 4.5 stars
- Fairest of All – 4 stars
- The Last of August – 4 stars
- The Case for Jamie – 4 stars
Books I’m Still Reading
Hercule Poirot: The Complete Short Stories (because this book is huge)
Books I Acquired in May
- Scarlett – Alexandra Ripley
- Soul Harvest – Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins
- Desecration – Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins
- Apollyon – Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins
- Of Literature and Lattes – Katherine Reay
- My Life With the Walter Boys – Ali Novak
- Sherlock Holmes: The Novels (Penguin Classics Edition) – Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
And that’s my summary for May. I’m not sure how many books I’ll get to in June due to starting my new job, but we’ll see what happens!
What did your May look like for reading/hauls?