I’m sitting here trying to think of whether or not June went by really fast or not. At times it feels like it did, but at the same time it doesn’t feel that way. I still think the quickest month of the year was May. But that could just be me.
In any case, June was my best month for reading. Granted, I read quite a bit of manga this month. Of course, I still count it as reading and towards my Goodreads Challenge, because it counts. It’s still a story being told. I’ll probably write some kind of post in defense of manga at a later time, instead of going into it now. But anyway, I can easily go through those in one sitting if I have the time, and I did that a few times this month.
What I find weird is that now that I’m back to work at the library, I’m finding myself still checking out books, but I’m also going a little nuts buying them as well. Retail therapy, possibly? I don’t know. Plus, I got a few gifted books… so my library has grown a little more over the past 30 days.
- Sailor Moon, vol. 6 – 4 stars
- A Question of Holmes – 3 stars
- Sailor Moon, vol. 7 – 4 stars
- Sailor Moon, vol. 8 – 3.5 stars
- The Bookworm Crush – 5 stars
- Standing By – 5 stars
- Sailor Moon, vol. 9 – 4 stars
- The Replacement Crush – 4 stars
- Sailor Moon, vol. 10 – 4 stars
- Love in Focus, vol. 1 – 5 stars
- Love in Focus, vol. 2 – 4.5 stars
- Roomies – 3.5 stars
- The Newspaper Club – Beth Vrabel
- Someone Like You – Sarah Dessen
- Boarding School Juliet, vol. 1 – Yousuke Kaneda
- Love in Focus, volumes 1-3 – Yoko Nogiri
- If I Never Met You – Mhairi McFarlane
- Roomies – Sara Zarr & Tara Altebrando
- You Deserve Each Other – Sarah Hogle
- The Paper Girl of Paris – Jordyn Taylor
- Snow White with the Red Hair, vol. 1 – Sorata Akiduki
- The Perfect Date – Evelyn Lozada
- Not Like the Movies – Kerry Winfrey (pre-order)
And that’s my summary for June. I have a feeling July is going to look similar, at least in what I read. I’m hoping to go on a book buying ban, though I do know I have one book coming in because as you can see, I pre-ordered a book that I’m excited for.
What did your June look like for reading/hauls?