First of all… I failed my book-buying ban for July. I made it so far into the month without buying books, then broke on the 25th. Though, doing the math, I did make it 28 days without buying a book, so that counts… right?
I didn’t read as much as I thought I would this month, though that’s because I hit an eleven day reading slump which was torture. I kept looking at my TBR cart with books that I really want to read, but the desire to pick them up was just not there. I wanted to read all of the books and none of the books. To me that’s the worst kind of reading slump.
As far as a book haul, I was gifted quite a few books this month, which is why there are so many. I’m not mad though, because books. Who could ever be mad at getting a lot of books in a month? Hopefully there will be a little more control in August, but I make no guarantees.
- Love in Focus, vol. 3 – 4.5 stars
- The Paper Girl of Paris – 5 stars
- Sailor Moon, vol. 11 – 4 stars
- Sailor Moon, vol, 12 – 3.5 stars
- Not Like the Movies – 4.5 stars
- This Lullaby – 3.5 stars
- The Dark Deception (Daphne and Velma #2) – 4.5 stars
- Assassins – Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins
- The Indwelling – Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins
- This Love Story Will Self-Destruct – Leslie Cohen
- Confessions of a Bookseller – Shaun Blythel
- The Dark Deception (Daphne & Velma #2) – Morgan Baden
- Live Fearless – Sadie Robertson
- 500 Miles From You – Jenny Colgan
- Would Like to Meet- Rachel Winters
- Lock & Key – Sarah Dessen
What did your July look like for reading/hauls?