August, to put it simply… was a bust.
For the entire 31 days of the month I managed to read one book.
I know it’s nothing to be ashamed of, it just kind of shocks me that I wasn’t able to pull out of my reading slump as quickly as usual. And to be honest, I’m not entirely sure I’m 100% out of it yet. It’s all a part of this setback I’m having in the mental health department. Which, again, I know is okay because it happens. I’m just not used to it affecting me this badly.
But then again, it’s 2020. What else should I expect at this point?
I did have a little bit of a haul this month. Some coworkers and I went down to the southern part of the state on a little day trip to finally go to The Book Barn. Let me tell you, if you’re ever in Connecticut and are looking for some bargain books, that’s the place to go! So there was a little light on the book-side of things this month… that being it.
On that note, here is the
pathetic reading summary and haul for August.
Books I Read in August
1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone – 5 stars (duh, it’s Harry Potter)
Books I DNF’d in August
1. Would Like to Meet – Rachel Winters
Not because I didn’t like this book. I just hit my slump while reading and it was hard for me to get back into it. I fully plan to pick it back up at some point in the future, I just don’t know when that will be. It could be years, knowing me.
Books I Acquired in August
- Adequate Yearly Progress – Roxanna Elden
- The Little Teashop on Main – Jodi Thomas
- There’s Someone Inside Your House – Stephanie Perkins
- Mindwar – Andrew Klavan
- Enter Title Here – Rahul Kanakia
- What Happened to Goodbye – Sarah Dessen
- Kale, My Ex, and Other Things to Toss in a Blender – Lisa Greenwald
What did your August look like for reading/hauls?