Hey everyone, it’s been a bit.
I haven’t had much brain space lately for blogging, or even reading, because of moving a few weeks ago, and it’s still going on because my furniture has been delayed. *insert eye roll here* And of course there’s no time-frame on when they expect it to come in, so I still have boxes just sitting around that I can’t unpack because I have no desk or dresser to put those things away.
I’ve also noticed that whenever I try to set up a TBR for the month, I read like one book. So… I’m going to stop doing the TBR posts for the month, even the ones that are more of a suggestion list than a strict one.
Anyway… I found this post on Cheyanna’s blog – Lost in Book Land – and thought it was a great little tag to do while I try to get myself reorganized to get back into reading and blogging on a regular basis. So without further ado, here is the ‘Do I Have That Book?’ Challenge!
Do I Have That? Book Challenge
1. Do you have a book with deckled edges?
I have quite a few. Most of my Richard Paul Evans’ books have deckled pages, as well as my copy of Nineteen Eighty-Four. I believe there are other books, but I’m not sure which ones at the moment.
2. Do you have a book with 3 or more people on the cover?
Yes I do! My copies of One of Us is Lying and One of Us is Next by Karen M. McManus both have four (hidden) faces on the cover!
3. Do you have a book based on another fictional story?
I know I have a few of them… one is Jek/Hyde by Amy Ross which is obviously a version of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, but in modern times and a young-adult version of it… it’s pretty good in my opinion. Another is Fairest of Them All by Serena Valentine, which is a twist of Snow White, but focuses on The Evil Queen.
4. Do you have a book with a title 10 letters long?
It took me a while to find it, but yes, I do have at least one. The one I found is Afterimage by Naomi Hughes, which by the way, is a great book!
5. Do you have a book with a title that starts and ends with the same letter?
Shattering Glass by Gail Giles
Honestly I wasn’t sure if I did, then I found that one!
6. Do you have a Mass Market Paperback book?
I do not because I honestly cannot stand them.
7. Do you have a book written by an author using a pen name?
Yes… my copy of How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
8. Do you have a book with a character’s name in the title?
I have a few, including Anna and the French Kiss, Lola and the Boy Next Door, Isla and the Happily Ever After, and of course… the Harry Potter books.
9. Do you have a book with 2 maps in it?
I highly doubt it, as I’m not big on fantasy books so I don’t usually buy them.
10. Do you have a book that was turned into a TV show?
If you count Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot… then yes, yes I do.
11. Do you have a book written by someone who is originally famous for something else? (celebrity/athlete/politician/tv personality…)
I have Shaken by Tim Tebow (former NFL player) and A Work in Progress by Connor Franta (YouTuber).
12. Do you have a book with a clock on the cover?
There are honestly none that I can think of that do. I want to say I probably have a book that has a clock on it, I’m just not sure which one.
13. Do you have a poetry book?
I have three exactly. I’m not too big on poetry and I recently gave away some of my poetry books to one of my best friends who loves poetry and is trying to built up her collection.
14. Do you have a book with an award stamp on it?
I’m pretty sure my copy of Hope Was Here by Joan Bauer has an award stamp on it; I know it had been declared a Newbery Honor book.
15. Do you have a book written by an author with the same initials as you?
I don’t believe I do, actually. If I do, I definitely haven’t realized it yet.
16. Do you have a book of short stories?
I do! I have Hungry Hearts: 13 Tales of Food and Love, and the Hercule Poirot short story collection by Agatha Christie.
17. Do you have a book that is between 500-510 pages long?
Oh yes, plenty of them.
18. Do you have a book that was turned into a movie?
Well yeah! Harry Potter is the top, but there’s also All the Bright Places, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and The Bridge are just another few I can name off the top of my head.
19. Do you have a graphic novel?
Not exactly graphic novels, but I do have a few mangas.
20. Do you have a book written by 2 or more authors?
Yes, the Dash and Lily books are ones I know off-hand that I have. Then I also have The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler.
I enjoyed doing this challenge, as I do usually love doing these things, and I saw on Cheyanna’s blog that there should be a second part, so I’ll be looking forward to that as well. It’s always fun to see what books I have in my collection that fit certain criteria, and to see how well I know it without looking.
One thought on “Do I Have that Book Challenge”
Ooh, this is a fun one. Great post!
LikeLiked by 1 person