Hey everyone! How’s your week going so far? Mine’s been a blur and I went from thinking it was still April to thinking we’re in July. I have no idea how that happened! Maybe the heat wave messing with my brain?
Anyway, today I’ll be doing the Three Bookish Things tag, which I saw Roxanne do over at An Average Life! It seems fun, so if you think so too, then tag! You’re it!
THREE READ ONCE AND LOVED AUTHORS
- Karen McManus
- Jenna Evans Welch
- Richard Paul Evans
THREE TITLES I’VE WATCHED BUT HAVEN’T READ
- The Sun is Also a Star – Nicola Yoon
- Forrest Gump – Winston Groom
- The Princess Diaries – Meg Cabot
THREE CHARACTERS YOU LOVE
- Ginny Weasley (Harry Potter) – Book Ginny is superior to Movie Ginny (we all know that) and in the books she’s fierce and almost as funny as Fred and George. She has so much more personality, which is why I liked her in the first place and why I cannot stand how they disrespected her character in the movies.
- Theodore Finch (All the Bright Places) – Finch is an amazing character and I fell in love with him the second I started the book. His struggle with bipolar disorder makes him even more loveable and his love for Violet is so sweet. He’s a character I wish I could pull out from the pages and hug.
- Chloe Sanderson (Not Like the Movies) – Chloe is a fantastic character. She’s first seen in Waiting for Tom Hanks as the best friend of Annie, and then she gets her own novel to tell her story. She’s so relatable, especially because she’s my age (at least when I read it) and she just has so much love for her family and friends, which you can see in the way she takes care of her dad and twin brother. Plus, she can be kind of awkward and gets anxious about life in general, which I completely relate to!
THREE SERIES BINGED
- The Land Of Stories by Chris Colfer
- Private by Kate Brian
- The Gallagher Girls by Ally Carter
THREE UNPOPULAR BOOKISH OPINIONS
- Standalones are better than series. As much as I love to continue with characters I love, I hate waiting for the newest book to be released.
- I’m not a fan of John Green’s books. Granted, I’ve only read two, but even the first one I read was enough to make me not feel like picking up another.
- There is nothing wrong with disliking or not wanting to read classics, and not reading them doesn’t make you any less of a reader. They’re great and have their place in the literary world, but they’re not everyone’s cup of tea.
THREE FAVORITE BOOK COVERS
THREE GOALS FOR THIS YEAR
- Get a library position that’s worth my degree
- Learn how to myself a dang budget on Excel or QuickBooks
- Read more off my “already owned” TBR than library or recently bought books
And that’s it for this tag! I thought it was pretty fun, and if you think so too, then consider yourself tagged! I think the hardest one for me was my goals for the year since I don’t set them anymore (other than a Goodreads goal) just because life is so spontaneous no matter how much you plan. You can’t plan for everything, and I know personally that God has taken my life in directions that I hadn’t expected… so I’ve learned to just go with Him.
Until next time!