I found my pace more in June for reading, though it did take me while to read Pride and Prejudice. I was glad that I was able to get one last book in by the end of the month, literally having started it on the 28th and unsure if I would actually finish it on time or not. But who needs sleep, right?
I only read one book from the library this month, and it happens to have been the one non-fiction book I read – Sorry Not Sorry by Naya Rivera. It was definitely my favorite read this month and I’ll definitely be buying this book in the future. Then Blackout was my only ARC this month, and the rest were (believe it or not) ones that I purchased this year. I’m proud of myself in one way, but I’m also neglecting the books that have been on my shelves for years… oops.
- A World Without Princes – Soman Chainani (4 stars)
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen (4 stars)
- Sorry Not Sorry – Naya Rivera (5 stars)
- The Juvie Three – Gordon Korman (5 stars)
- Blackout – Dhonielle Clayton (4 stars)
- Snow White With the Red Hair, vol. 4 (4.5 stars)
- Pure – Terra Elan McVoy (3 stars)
- Goodbye Perfect – Sara Barnard
- Aliens From Arapholanx: The Hero’s Price – Adam D. Sipperly
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before – Jenny Han
- P.S. I Still Love You – Jenny Han
- A Tale of Magic – Chris Colfer
- The Anxiety Toolkit – Alice Boyes
Even though I got a little haul of books, I only actually purchased two of them. The other four were freebies that I got from work since we get to go through the donations before we store them. Perks of working in a library. And technically Goodbye Perfect was a free reward book from Thriftbooks, so I only paid $1.05 for shipping. I know how to save my wallet sometimes when it comes to getting books.
What did your June look like for reading/hauls?