July gave me my reading groove back! I was so excited to finally be in a major reading mood again and enjoy the work that these authors put out there. I feel myself slipping a little now, but I think that’s just due to some stress and not knowing what to read next. But I think if I put a book in my hands, I’ll be good.
I actually read nine books this past month, and enjoyed pretty much all of them. The only problem is now I’m behind on my reviews a bit, but I’ll be working to catch up soon. I’ve had some issues with my wrist so I haven’t been able to tolerate the computer or my phone much. Then I got a bad throat thing going on, which is apparently due to severe allergies (joy) but hey, it could be worse. I’m just hoping the stress will start to ease up because I’m not sure how much more of it I can take without losing my mind.
Books I Read
- Where it All Lands – Jennie Wexler (4 stars)
- The Last Ever After – Soman Chainani (5 stars)
- My Life With the Walter Boys – Ali Novak (4.5 stars)
- An Education in Ruin – Alexis Bass (3 stars)
- Aliens from Arapholanx: The Hero’s Price – Adam D. Sipperly (3 stars)
- Macbeth – William Shakespeare (3.5 stars)
- Goodbye Perfect – Sara Barnard (4.5 stars)
- Keep Holding On – Susane Colasanti (4 stars)
- Ali Cross: Like Father, Like Son (4 stars)
Books I Did Not Finish
- Someday, Someday Maybe – Lauren Graham
Books I Acquired
- A Taste for Love – Jennifer Yen
- My Oxford Year – Julia Whelan
- Romeo & Juliet – William Shakespeare
- Macbeth – William Shakespeare
- Hamlet – William Shakespeare
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream – William Shakespeare
- Murder on the Orient Express – Agatha Christie
- My Name is Chloe – Melody Carlson
- Imperfect Chemistry – Mary Frame
The one book I DNF’d is one that I might give a second chance to. I think I just wasn’t in the mood for it, though it’ll be a while (probably a year or so) before I try to read it again. I hauled a bit more than I thought, but three of those books are ebooks, and everything else I got at library sales (aka: super cheap!). Not going to lie, I’ll probably unhaul the Shakespeare ones eventually because they’re the No Fear Shakespeare copies, but I’m in no mindset to try to read his original text… expect for Romeo & Juliet because I’ve read it before. So yeah, that’s my wrap up for July!
What did your July look like for reading/hauls?