I don’t know how it’s possible, but February went by quick yet slow at the same time. Hmm…
Like last year, I actually read quite a few books for the shortest month of the year. I totaled twelve books, which I think was the same as last year now that I think about it. Give or take a book. I got back on my manga reading, which always boosts my stats, but it made up for some of the longer books I read or ones that took me longer to read.
I also have been dealing with some extra anxiety in the past few weeks. With some local happenings and with what’s going on overseas… it’s triggering my anxiety bad. Thankfully, I have a good, Godly support system who have been reminding me to pray over what I cannot control (which is pretty much all of it) and just trust in God. I’m obviously praying for the people in Ukraine – I can’t imagine what they’re going through. So I’m praying that God will disrupt the plans of evil and destruction that are taking place and bring the people of Ukraine to victory.
Now, back to bookish business…
- Tales From the Café – Toshikazu Kawaguchi ✰✰.5
- Called to Serve – Stefan Gulyas ✰✰✰✰✰
- Haikyu!! vol. 16 – Hariuchi Furudate ✰✰✰
- Haikyu!! vol. 17 – Hariuchi Furudate ✰✰✰
- Haikyu!! vol. 18 – Hariuchi Furudate ✰✰✰
- Haikyu!! vol. 19 – Hariuchi Furudate ✰✰✰.5
- Haikyu!! vol. 20 – Hariuchi Furudate ✰✰✰.5
- Happily Ever Afters – Elise Bryant ✰✰.5
- Along For the Ride – Sarah Dessen ✰✰✰✰.75
- Six Months Later – Natalie D. Richards ✰✰✰.5
- Daughter of the Moon Goddess – Sue Lynn Tan ✰✰✰.25
- Love From Scratch – Kaitlyn Hill ✰✰✰
- Haikyu!! vol. 21 – Hariuchi Furudate ✰✰✰✰
I had quite a large haul this month, between e-book deals, spending the rest of my Christmas gift card at Barnes & Noble, and winning a 3-book giveaway. I definitely added a nice load to my TBR cart!
- Manhattan Mayhem – Mary Higgins Clark
- I Must Betray You – Ruta Sepetys
- Daughter of the Moon Goddess – Sue Lynn Tan
- The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Last Checkmate – Gabriella Saab
- The Cousins – Karen M. McManus
- Love, Chai, and Other Four Letter Words – Anika Sharma
- The Library of Lost Things – Laura Taylor Namey
- Don’t You Forget About Me – Mhairi McFarlane
- This Lullaby – Sarah Dessen
- He Gets That From Me – Jacqueline Friedland
Pre-orders that came in
- Full Flight – Ashley Schumacher (ebook; released 2/22/2022)
I’ve been watching this show at night with my mom and I’m actually loving it. The characters are all so quirky and fun. It’s a show that’s good for a laugh when you need it, and it just helps me relax at night.
Since I’m watching it on cable and not streaming it, it’s a bit out of order and I’ve seen some episodes more than once already. I need to find the platform this is streaming on and start from the beginning. It’ll be weird to see all the kids younger, and I’ll miss Joe until he comes in later, but I do want to watch this in order soon.
I’m not so much watching Gilmore Girls as I am using it as a soundtrack for when I’m doing other things (usually reading). I still look up and catch some favorite parts of episodes (i.e. Luke pushing Jess into the pond), or maybe just watch half an episode when my eyes get tired from reading. I’ve seen the show three times in the past two years, so I know it pretty well. What I love about the show is it’s jam-packed with great characters who never fail to make me laugh, or cry. And I’ll say it here, I’m Team Jess all the way!
Tim Allen is a genius in this show. He is in anything he does, but I just love his humor even more in this show because he’s not afraid to call people out. Even when ABC dropped the show because of Allen’s views/beliefs, he and the fans got the show back up and running on a rival network, and you can bet I signed that petition! This show is a gem, as is the cast, and I get all the laughs out of this show. The only thing I dislike about the show was Eve leaving as a regular cast member, as well as the changing of the actress who plays Mandy, but it happens.
And that’s finally it for my February Wrap Up! I’m shocked, and a little proud that I didn’t buy as many books as I thought I would. I really expected to go overboard at the bookstore on Valentine’s Day, but I did good. Though I’m planning to not get any more books for a while (minus pre-order that need to come in).
What did your February look like?