Obviously, my surgery went well and I’ve been active online for the past two weeks. Even the week after my surgery I didn’t stay offline for very long, but I didn’t actively write any of my posts. I had them all scheduled, hehe.
Anyway, I didn’t think I was going to read much after going through a tiny slump after surgery. That was more or less because every time I picked up one of my two books I was reading, my eyes were got super heavy (and I wasn’t even taking the pain meds they gave me). I’d say it was about a week after that I found the energy to focus on reading again and went through books 5-9 of the month. So, I ended up hitting my monthly average after all.
- American Royals – Katharine McGee ✰✰✰✰✰
- The Program – Suzanne Young ✰✰✰✰✰
- The Treatment – Suzanne Young ✰✰✰.5
- Majesty (American Royals #2) – Katharine McGee ✰✰✰✰
- The Librarian Spy – Madeline Martin ✰✰✰.5
- Rivals (American Royals #3) – Katharine McGee ✰✰✰✰.5
- The Crown Heist – Deron Hicks ✰✰✰✰.5
- Sugar and Salt – Susan Wiggs ✰✰✰✰
- Inheritance (American Royals Prequel) – Katharine McGee ✰✰✰
- The Street Lawyer – John Grisham
- Violent Ends – Shaun Hutchinson
- Dreamology – Lucy Keating
- The Baker Street Brothers – Michael Robertson
- Moriarty Returns a Letter – Michael Robertson
- The Baker Street Translation – Michael Robertson
- Summer of Stolen Secrets – Julie Sternberg (bought for my mom but I’ll probably read it too)
- Those Summer Nights – Laura Silverman
- Buried Secrets (Daphne & Velma #3) – Morgan Baden [pre-order]
- Rivals (American Royals #3) – Katharine McGee
- Curvy Girls Can Rule (formerly ‘The F Word’) – Michelle MacQueen
- Nerdy Girls Can Rock (formerly ‘The N Word’) – Michelle MacQueen
- Mean Girls Can Reform (formerly ‘The C Word’) – Michelle MacQueen
Gilmore Girls | Netflix
After my surgery my mom and I watched the last couple of seasons of Gilmore Girls, as I put it on for comfort (and was already partway through the series). It was a good way to spend the first few days being home and recovering, as I couldn’t really do much anyway, and my eyes were always too tired to read anything. I fell asleep and missed some episodes (a lot, actually) but I’ve seen the series many times before, so it’s no big deal. I did stay awake to watch the revival series on Netflix, and they really need to do another one. They just have to. And I’m still Team Jess all the way.
Thirteen Lives | Amazon Prime Video
This movie I actually watched with my dad and stepmom the weekend before my surgery, and oh my gosh… it’s so good. Remember those boys that got trapped in a cave in Taiwan 4 years ago? Well, they made a movie about that whole thing. I didn’t realize what it was until we were about 10 minutes in because I wasn’t totally paying attention at first, but then I was hooked. If you haven’t seen this movie, I totally recommend it. It’s fascinating how many people came from all around the world to help those boys and their coach, and the rescue mission was just amazing.
The Big Bang Theory | HBO Max
Once we were done with our Gilmore binge, we didn’t watch anything for a couple of days, but then we started The Big Bang Theory. My mom has seen the show before, not all, but some of the later episodes, whereas I’ve never had an interest in it before. Once we started watching we went through the first season in two days. It goes without saying that I love the show and kind of wish I had seen it earlier. It’s hilarious.
That’s all for my August wrap-up! I’m looking forward to reading some of the books I got, even though I said I wouldn’t buy any in August (whoops). And I’m hoping to finish reading Haikyu!! in September (as long as the rest of the books come in at work).
What did your August look like?