Happy New Year indeed… so both my mom and I started the year with a positive Covid test yesterday. Yay.
Neither of us are severe with symptoms, but we’re making sure to rest, stay hydrated, and take the medicines we can to manage the symptoms. Praying that we’ll both be better soon, especially my mom as she’s higher risk.
December wasn’t much better for reading, but at least I read. Having to DNF books a couple of months in a row really puts a damper on reading in general because then I’m just worried everything will be a DNF. The month of December itself was also crazy with my radiation treatment and scan, finishing up Christmas things, and I even got into my first car accident (no major damage and no one was hurt. It also wasn’t my fault).
Aside from all of that, reading, and binging Wednesday on Netflix, I played a lot of Sims this month. I’ve been bouncing between different saved games and just having fun with it all.
- Blame it On the Mistletoe – Beth Garrod ✰✰✰✰.5
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas – Dr. Seuss ✰✰✰✰✰
- The Christmas Bookshop – Jenny Colgan ✰✰✰
- French Kissing in New York – Anne-Sophie Jouhanneau ✰✰✰.5
Nick & Noel’s Christmas Playlist
I got about 60% of the way through this book before I finally had enough. Even then, I was skimming at points because I was bored with the story and the characters just didn’t pop for me. There were other reasons why I didn’t finish this, but overall I just wasn’t into this book.
- I Have Called You By Name – Jerry B. Jenkins
- You Are Here – Jennifer E. Smith
- Love on the Brain – Ali Hazelwood
- Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing – Matthew Perry
- The Big Bang Theory: the Inside Story of the Epic Hit Series – Jessica Radloff
With Christmas Gift Cards
- Beyond the Wand – Tom Felton
- It Only Happens in the Movies – Holly Bourne
- A Magic Steeped in Poison – Judy I. Lin
- A Venom Dark and Sweet – Judy I. Lin
- What You Hide – Natalie D. Richards
- Blame it on the Mistletoe – Beth Garrod
- The Christmas Castle in Scotland – Julie Caplin
Wednesday | Netflix
I literally binged this show in one day while I was home during my radiation treatment and I’m obsessed! The cast is phenomenal, as is the mystery of the show, and just all of it, really. I think Jenna Ortega was fantastic in this role. I’ve been raving about the show at work with my coworkers who have also seen it, and recommending it to people who I know would love it. Honestly, if you haven’t watched it yet, you need to. It’s so good. It’s the best mystery/dark show I’ve seen in a long time. I’m talking this is better than season 1 of Riverdale or Umbrella Academy.
Just go watch it. Now.
That’s all for my December Wrap Up! There was just a lot going on this month that I didn’t really notice the time going by (except Christmas week took forever). Anyway, I’m glad it’s the start of a new year and I’m excited to see what’s in store for this year.
What did your December look like?