I thought March had been a slow reading month for me, but it turns out that April was even slower. Why? I have absolutely no clue. I wasn’t much busier than usual, with the exception of packing for my trip, and the trip itself. When this posts I should be getting ready to head back home. The problem might have been too many distractions when I was reading. I could never just sit and read uninterrupted without having to get up and do something. Kind of annoying, really.
Wait, also… Marvel movies. Those distracted me a lot this month.
- Hot British Boyfriend – Kristy Boyce ✰✰✰✰.5
- NerdCrush – Alisha Emrich ✰✰✰.5
- Sense and Second-Degree Murder – Tirzah Price ✰✰✰✰.5
- It Only Happens in the Movies – Holly Bourne ✰✰✰.75
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe – C.S. Lewis ✰✰✰✰.5
- A Guide to Being Just Friends – Sophie Sullivan ✰✰✰✰.75
- The Chandler Legacies – Abdi Nazemian ✰✰.25
- The Case of the Stinky Stench (Lady Pancake & Sir French Toast #2) – Josh Funk ✰✰✰✰
- The Liar’s Crown – Abigail Owen @ 35 %
- Aria’s Travelling Book Shop – Rebecca Raisin
- Better Than Fiction – Alexa Martin
- The Hobbit – J.R.R. Tolkien
- Boarding School Juliet, vol. 3 – Yosuke Kaneda
- Wyoming Cold Case Secrets – Sommer Smith
- Mistaken Mountain Abduction – Shannon Redman
- Sweet and Sour – Debbi Michiko Florence
Avengers: Age of Ultron | Disney +
I didn’t mean to watch it, but it’s been a while since I’d seen it, so instead of being background noise for me, as usual, I ended up watching it. This one has some of the best one-liners out of the movies, in my opinion. I know I copy Captain America a lot at work and say, “language” to my co-workers when they swear, just to be a jerk.
Avengers: Infinity War | Disney +
Again, it was another movie I thought I’d let play without letting it distract me, but I did. Some parts I didn’t watch, but there were some that I couldn’t keep my eyes away from the screen because I knew what was going to happen and I wanted to see it. I’m keeping myself from Endgame though, because that’s three hours and I want three house of reading rather than watching two of my favorite characters die, again.
Recess | Disney +
My go-to at work when I’m on my 15-minute break. I only have time for one episode, but it’s fine for when I’m eating a snack or small lunch that is hard to read while eating. Plus, it kind of works as a timer so I don’t accidentally go over my time and am late getting back upstairs.
Also, if you’re a Recess fan, you should check out the live-action mini-film that some people did a few years ago. It’s really cute and I would love to see a continuation, but I doubt it’s going to happen. Still… I recommend watching it if you haven’t seen it.
That’s all for my April Wrap Up! Not sure how May will go reading-wise, but for now I’m just enjoying seeing my family and my best friend!
What did your April look like?
Goodreads | Twitter | Instagram | Etsy | Bookshop